Welcome

Welcome to my blog,I hope that you enjoy your visit.

Be sure to drop me a note and let me know that you stopped by and don't forget to comment on the posts that you like!


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pottery Barn Copy Cats






This seems to be happening a lot lately!
Either Pottery Barn is copying me or great minds do indeed think a like.
I always look forward to the arrival of the latest  edition of the Pottery Barn catalog. I have had to chuckle to myself and have even joked with my family that maybe Pottery Barn might add me to their staff...you see, on more than one occasion I have opened the catalog to find that they have used the same "props", decor ideas and even the same exact items that I either already have in my home or am carrying in my store!

I love most french country decor items, especially roosters. On a recent trip to our local Earth Fare market, I noticed these bottles of french wine with roosters on the label. Thinking that these would look great both in my dinning room hutch and counter top,I grabbed a couple. Two months later, the latest edition of the Pottery Barn catalog arrives and guess what? Yep,on page 16 of the of the January 2010 Pottery Barn catalog, I spy the same exact bottle of wine. Ha! Here we go again.






My husband had surprised me and picked an awesome vintage drafting table at our local Habitat for Humanity.We decided to use it as a island/counter top area in our kitchen and refer to it as our Pottery Barn copycat.I kid you not, 2 weeks later the Pottery Barn catalog arrived in the mail and guess what? Yep,they had a gorgeous vintage drafting table available for purchase. The table offered by Pottery Barn was almost identical to the one my husband had just purchased with one exception.. a much higher price...like eight  hundred dollars more!

Pottery Barn described theirs as :
With its top set at an angle, this remarkably versatile table makes a great workspace. Level the top to create a loft-style bar — or lower it to make a small dining table.


It was almost as if someone was reading my mind! 





In the Spring of '08 edition of the Pottery Barn catalog, the gorgeous French Apothecary bath accessories were introduced. Guess what? Yep, I had already been offering same exact line in my Ebay store for almost two years ,not to mention it was beautifully displayed in not one but two of our bathrooms!
 They aren't copycats either!

Check them out at:








 


 



No comments: