Welcome

Welcome to my blog,I hope that you enjoy your visit.

Be sure to drop me a note and let me know that you stopped by and don't forget to comment on the posts that you like!


Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Vintage Inventory Habitat for Humanity Find

Oh my word!
The last eight days have been crazy busy and fun. We have been adding new items to our inventory and some of them are amazing! We have purchased several vintage pieces and I can hardly wait to get them posted so you guys can see them. I will be posting here on my blog and in my ebay store as well as my newly opened Etsy store.

I was as busy as a bee, working on the new listings this morning when my hubby calls to inform that he has stopped by our local Habitat for Humanity. Argh...he went junking without me! I could tell by the excitement in his voice that he was on to something nice. As you recall, several months ago,he dropped in and found our awesome vintage drafting table that is almost identical to the one Pottery Barn sold. So this morning during his breeze through visit,he finds a dining room table that has made my heart skip a beat or two already and I have only seen a couple of  pictures.I do not know if  I can handle seeing this beauty in person. The table has dovetail joints and my husband believes that the top is made of  solid wormy chestnut.There are two drawers,side by side.The price was $155.00. Before my husband could even leave the store, he was offerred  300.00 for the table.
No way Jose'!



I kid you not, just last night I suggested to him that I would like to paint the lower section and legs of our dinning room table black,while leaving the top the natural wood color. He cringed..lol
I canhardly wait to see this in our dinning room. I will be scouting around for mismatched vintage chairs to place around this gem.So for now,I will go back to working on our new inventory and try my best to focus.

Tell me, what do you think? 

We know very little about this table at this point other than the fact that we love it,it is quite old and we got an awesome deal!





 

2 comments:

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Loooove this table! What a great find...and for such a deal!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

What a fabulous find! The carved designs on the legs look amazing! I can not wait to see what you do with this piece - definitly a winner!