Welcome

Welcome to my blog,I hope that you enjoy your visit.

Be sure to drop me a note and let me know that you stopped by and don't forget to comment on the posts that you like!


Thursday, February 25, 2010

Vintage Button Pin Board Tacks

 
I have fallen in love with the Pottery Barn Rustic Wall Organizer but I am certainly not in love with the price tag!
Being inspired by this beautiful piece,I have decided to make my own. I didn't want to use just ordinary pushpins or tacks on the board,so I made vintage button tacks.I have had these gorgeous antique buttons for quite some time and I am excited that I am finally using them for something.They are going to look so nice against the burlap!
This is very easy to do. I had the tacks with the vinyl covers on them,you can get the uncovered ones.I just peeled the vinyl cover off the tack head and used the hot glue gun to secure the buttons to the tack.A couple of the twinkle mirror buttons had to flattened so they would sit flush on the tack head.I did this gently, with a small craft hammer.
I plan on working on the message board this weekend,I am waiting on my Paris postal rubber stamp to arrive. I will be sure to give updates.

 
 

So what have you transformed? I want to see!Please be sure to link back to The Floppy Cow




The Shabby Chic Cottage




1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oooooh! You have inspired me! I was given my Grandma's vintage button tin and buttons when she passed away and I would love to have them out on display. I know the board you are talking about from Pottery Barn too and have plans to make my own version to put in my kitchen. Thanks for the great idea!